The aim of the SimFacT (Simulation Facilitator Training) course is to support faculty in developing the knowledge and skills to promote effective teaching and learning within simulation-based medical education.
HEKSS support for this course ended in September 2017. We are now offering this course as a paid course. Course fee is GBP 450, which can be deposited by cheque, debit card or BACS transfer. Outreach courses can be arranged on additional dates for cohorts of 10 candidates.
Feb 22-23: PAID COURSE
June 14-15: PAID COURSE
Jan 12-13: COURSE FULL
Jan 26-27: COURSE FULL Outreach – Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Feb 23-24: COURSE FULL
June 15-16: COURSE FULL
July 20-21: COURSE Outreach – Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust – For Obs, Gynae and Midwifery specialisms
Sept 21-22: COURSE FULL
Dec 14-15: 1 PLACE REMAINING
Dr Amit Mishra firstname.lastname@example.org
SimFacT is a 2-day course based in a simulation suite.
Day 1 includes introduction to simulation as an educational tool and introduction to debriefing. Day 2 includes orientation to the simulation centre facility, hi-fidelity simulation and debriefing.
- Understanding the theories which underpin adult learning and SBME
- Appreciate the value of reflection in promoting learning
- Understanding the principles of curriculum mapping and curriculum-led simulation
- Introduction to human factors, effective team-working and crisis resource management
- Non-technical skills in healthcare delivery
- Development of multi-professional scenarios
- Using SBME within the workplace to improve patient care e.g. SUIs
- Understanding how Learner-Centric debriefing can promote reflection and learning
The course is open to all professional groups.
The cost of SimFacT Courses from December 2017 will be £450, payable by cheque or BACS.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your course, please note that a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice is required. If you cancel without sufficient notice or do not attend the course, the deposit will be forfeited.
The course will be held at the KSS Children’s Simulation Centre
The course is open to all healthcare staff at the national level.
If you wish to register for this course please use the form below:
Registration Form 2017